What We Believe
In the fullness of time, all people will find joyful union with God and with one another, being fully known and fully loved.
God inspires The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd to welcome and work toward this vision in the name of Jesus Christ: beginning with the nurture and witness of our community in this city of Austin, Texas, and always reaching beyond ourselves, serving and connecting with new neighbors and new communities.
As individuals and as Good Shepherd, we Love More, Better, promising:
- to continue in the apostles’ teaching and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in the prayers;
- to persevere in resisting temptation, seeking one another’s forgiveness and God’s;
- to live generously, stewarding our gifts and resources in support of the Church and the well-being of all creation;
- to proclaim by word and example the Good News of God in Christ;
- to seek and serve Christ in all persons, loving our neighbors as God loves us; and
- to strive for justice and peace among all people, respecting the dignity of every human being.