Making a Gift of Appreciated Securities to Good Shepherd is easy. When transferring a gift of stock, please follow the instructions below:
1) Provide written instructions for your broker to make a transfer specifying the name of the stock and the number of shares to be transferred. If you inform the broker verbally, it is advisable to follow-up in writing.
2) Your broker will need the following routing information to transfer the stock into the Good Shepherd account:
Wells Fargo Advisors
Account name: Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd
Contact: Frank Netherton, Managing Director - Investments, 512-480-0015
Wells Fargo Advisors is a trade name used by Wells Fargo Clearing Services, LLC, Member SIPC
- Prior to transferring stock, please send the Church a letter or email of transmittal that will confirm your gift and how you would like us to utilize it – such as operating fund, capital fund, etc. Please state in this letter the name of the appreciated securities and the number of shares to be transferred. Please mail with attention to Lisa Ard or email to email@example.com.
- The date that the stock is received in the Church’s account is the date of the gift.
- We will sell the stock immediately.
3) Please contact the parish accountant, Lisa Ard, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone at
512-476-3523 ext. 7712 to inform us about your transfer. We will provide a written receipt for your gift once the transfer is received.