- This event has passed.
Wednesdays on Windsor
November 9 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm$8 – $18
Join us for Wednesdays on Windsor, a relaxed and engaging evening of food, and fellowship on our Windsor campus.
- Dinner: From 5:00p-7:00p we serve a delicious chef-prepared dinner in Parish Life Center.
- Adult Formation: 6:30p in Allen Hall
Happiness: The Science of Social Connection presented by Dr. Amit Kumar
This presentation will focus on how insights from behavioral research can help us understand phenomena we encounter in our day-to-day lives, and in doing so, speak to actionable ways in which daily life can be improved. Staying socially connected is essential for achieving happiness and well-being more broadly, and learning about scientific findings in this space may help you leverage empirical evidence to enhance your everyday experience. Amit Kumar is currently an Asst. Professor of Marketing and Psychology at the University of Texas at Austin. Prior to joining the McCombs faculty, he completed a Postdoctoral Fellowship at the University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business. He received his Ph.D. in Social Psychology from Cornell University and his A.B. in Psychology and Economics from Harvard University. Professor Kumar’s research focuses on the scientific study of happiness and has been featured in popular media outlets such as The Atlantic, Bloomberg, Business Insider, CNBC, CNN, Forbes, Fortune Magazine, Harvard Business Review, The Huffington Post, National Geographic, The New York Times, NPR, Oprah Daily, Scientific American, Time Magazine, U.S. News and World Report, The Wall Street Journal, and The Washington Post. His scholarly work has been published in Advances in Experimental Social Psychology, Current Directions in Psychological Science, Current Opinion in Psychology, Emotion, The Journal of Consumer Psychology, The Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, The Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, The Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, and Psychological Science.
- Children Formation:
- Shepherd Kids (Kindergarten-2nd grade): At 4:30-5:15p in Room 213, early elementary-age children gather for a mid-week check-in with their church family.
- Edge (3rd-5th grade): At 4:30-5:15p in Room 211, older elementary-age children gather weekly for Bible study lessons and activities.
- Youth Choir (all ages): At 5:30-6:00p children will meet in the Music Room. Children’s Choir provides an opportunity for children of all ages to benefit from the joys of music.
- Episcopal Youth Community (EYC) (6th-12th grade): At 6:30-8:00p in Youth Corner, kids will share a meal, ask questions and learn what it means to be joyful followers of Christ’s Word and love.
11.09 Menu: Stew night
Old Fashion Beef Stew (gluten-free)
Chicken and Green Chile Posole (gluten-free)
White Bean and Mushroom Ragu (vegan)
House Made Crusty BreadGreen Salad
Corn Dogs and tater tots
Chocolate Decadence Cake with whipped cream (gluten-free)
ORDER YOUR MEAL(s) HERE
Chef Robert prepared meals: $18 per adult portion and $8 per child portion.
NEW! We realize all children are not interested in a “gourmet meal” before/after church events on Wednesday nights. To accommodate a simpler palate, at a lower price, we are offering a $5 kid’s meal: chicken nuggets, corn dogs, fish sticks and tater tots will be on a weekly rotation.