Making a gift of securities to Good Shepherd is easy. When transferring a gift of stock, please follow the instructions below:
1) Provide written instructions to your broker to make a transfer specifying the name of the stock and the number of shares to be transferred. If you inform the broker verbally, it is advisable to follow-up in writing.
2) Your broker will need the following routing information to transfer the stock to Good Shepherd's account:
Wells Fargo Advisors
Account name: Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd
Contact: Frank Netherton, Managing Director - Investments, 512-480-0015
Wells Fargo Advisors is a trade name used by Wells Fargo Clearing Services, LLC, Member SIPC
- Prior to transferring stock, please send Good Shepherd a letter or email informing us of your gift and letting us know how you would like us to apply it – towards the operating fund, capital campaign fund, etc. In your email or letter, please tell us the name of the securities and the number of shares to be transferred. Please mail to the attention of Lisa Ard or email to email@example.com.
- The date that the stock is received in the parish's account is the date of the gift for the parish's purposes. You should consult your tax advisor or financial advisor for information on the date of the gift for tax purposes.
- Good Shepherd will sell the stock immediately.
3) Please contact the Director of Finance, Lisa Ard, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone at
512-476-3523 ext. 7712 to inform us about your transfer. We will provide a written receipt for your gift once the transfer is received.