We believe God’s purpose for creation is the very reign of Christ, in which all people find joyful union with God and with one another, being fully known and fully loved.
God calls The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd to share and to share in this new Kingdom, beginning with the nurture and witness of this community in our city of Austin, Texas, and always reaching beyond ourselves, in service and support of new neighbors and new communities.
To fulfill this mission as individuals and as a parish family, at Good Shepherd we Love More, Better, covenanting to:
- continue in the apostles’ teaching and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in the prayers;
- persevere in resisting temptation, seeking one another’s forgiveness and God’s;
- steward our gifts and resources, supporting the Church as God’s chosen instrument of salvation;
- proclaim by word and example the Good News of God in Christ;
- seek and serve Christ in all persons, loving our neighbors as God loves us; and
- strive for justice and peace among all people, respecting the dignity of every human being.